melted butter, to grease.
150g white chocolate, coarsely chopped.
100g butter, chopped.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Juice of 2 lemons
190g (1 & 1/4 cups) plain flour
1/2 cup coconut
155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
1 tsp salt
finely grated zest of 2 lemmons
Icing sugar, to dust.
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Brush a 16 x 26 cm square tin with melted butter and line with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Pop the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water ( make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- Use a spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs , vanilla essence and lemon juice together in a bowl or Jug..
- Stir the egg mixture in to the Chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar, salt, coconut and lemon zest.
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir to well combined.
- Pour into the tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre. ( Do not overcook!).
- Set aside in the tin for 6 hours , or overnight to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar.