400gms milk cooking chocolate, chopped coarsley
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream, at room temperature
24 Maltesers, approximately
1 & 1/3 cups (200g) white chocolate melts, melted
2/3 cup (100g) dark chocolate melts, melted
- Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the milk chocolate in a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow the bowl to touch the water) Stir constantly until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes, then fold in the sour cream. refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Roll 3 teaspoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into a ball, insert a malteser into the centre, the roll into an egg shape and place the egg on a prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hard.
- allow the melted white chocolate to cool slightly until it is a good coating consistency. Using 2 toothpicks or forks, quickly dip the eggs in and out of the melted white chocolate, drain off excess chocolate. then place on a tray and refrigerate until set.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate melts into a small plastic resealable bag (or disposable Piping bag). Snip the corner off and drizzle chocolate over eggs to decorate.
(not suitable to freeze, chocolate suitable to microwave )